Saturday, May 31, 2008

Down in the Louisianna bayou

I'm trying to see if I can make it through my whole iPod music library. There are 611 songs on my little nano and so far I've gotten through about 250 of them. I'll admit, I've skipped some, but those are the ones I'm not really sure why I put them on in the first place.

I made it across the Mississippi River and almost across the entire width of Louisianna. Not much to see on the road, just come cornfields and cows. I was surprised at how much more fertile Louisianna appeared to be compared to Mississippi. But still, not too much to see.

You may have noticed by now my little DIfferential Diagnosis book in most of my pictures. I'm using it to represent me since I'm traveling by myself and it's hard to find people to take my picture sometimes. PLuse, I don't like being in too many pictures. I don't think I'm very photogenic. It's a quirk of mine, I know. THis little book will be accompanying me to each externship. It's the only one that will be going to all 4 locations since it's the only one that I will be able to take on the place with me to LA (Fossum's is just too heavy).

So I made it to Shreveport and I'm only about 3 hours from Dallas. This city has a really cool boardwalk area on the Red River which I walked around for a couple of hours today. I also bought some presents for myself and my host in Dallas (I had to get her fancy pancake mix to go with the syrup). I would feel worse about it if I hadn't gotten everything on sale. The whole boardwalk is basically a giant outlet mall, which makes it super awesome.

I have to say, I was a little nervous before embarking on this trip. I don't know why. Something profoundly deep having to do with neomg pm ,u pwm amd wprlomg O'm sure. But once I got started everything felt better. This trip feels like the one I took when I graduated college. I spent 2 and 1/2 weeks tromping around Europe, staying in hostels and riding overnight trains by myself. I like traveling alone. You can basically do whatever you want. I don't feel like I have to keep anyone entertained. I can eat where and when I want and, most importantly, I can sing as loud as I want in the car. The only thing I really miss are my cats. It's weird, I know, I'm a cat lady. They're just so damn cute and cuddly.

Tomorrow I'm leaving early to try and get into Dallas before noon, which shouldn't be a problem. I can't wait to start my externship. I know it's going to be great.

No comments: