Saturday, May 3, 2008

Are we done yet?

Its amazing how time flies these days. This past Thursday I went to the sophomore coating ceremony. When we finish our second year we begin our clinical rotations and in honor of that we do a little rite of passage and get our white coats. Its actually a really nice thing that recognizes the ridiculous amount of work that we do our first two years. I got a little choked up though because it seemed like just yesterday that class was starting school. I was one of the students that worked with them extensively during their orientation so I know most of them pretty well. I am so proud of all of them, especially my "little brother" Greg, who I know is going to do awesome on clinics.

What was probably even more emotional was the realization that in a year from now I'll be graduating. Its crazy to think that in one year this will all be over and I'll be entering the real world. For the first time in 8 years I will not be at a university. Hell, for the first time in my life I won't be in school! In two weeks we will be done with classes and we will officially be seniors. That's a crazy thought. I'll be a senior in vet school.

But for now I guess I should focus on the immediate future. Namely my cytodiagnostics and final medicine exams. After that I get a little break before I have to pack up and begin my externship adventures. My car just got a little check-up and it should be ready for the 4000 miles I'll be driving over the summer. My first stop is Dallas. I've never been there before, heck, I've never been to Texas before, so if you know of anything I should check out while I'm there let me know.

Oh, and we had our class elections for next year. I restrained myself and didn't run for class president. I officially have no leadership responsibilities next year. It makes me a little sad but all the same, I think it will be a nice change for me and I'll be able to focus on me and relax a little. Oh, and maybe it'll give me some time to find a job too!

No comments: