Monday, March 3, 2008

Crisis averted

Murry has recovered. With the help of some lactulose and the questionable use of metoclopramide my cat is back to normal. Phew. I don't think I could have gone through another surgery with him.

We had a BBQ on Saturday. Lots and lots of food.

It was also one of our friend's dog's birthdays. So we had a dog cake.

This would have been all well and good. However, when I walked in I was greeted by my best friend sitting next to her ex-boyfriend on the couch. Her emotionally and verbally abusive ex-boyfriend. Her ex-boyfriend who I hate more than anything. The thing that shocked me the most is that she has apparently been talking to him for a while now. When they broke up it was horrible. She was broken and I had to pick up the pieces. The goal was to get her to stop talking to him because every time she did he made her believe she was a horrible person. After a little while I thought we were there. She wasn't talking to him, she was crushing on some other guy and everything was happy. And then all of a sudden this. The worst part is that she didn't tell anyone she was talking to him again, which means she knows we would tell her not to.

And then all of a sudden he shows up. Not even a text from her to warn me. As if nothing happened. And he's all trying to joke around with me as if everything is still okay. He is such a toxic person. Its like having a friend with a drug problem who refuses to get help. Arg. I dislike this situation.

Its days like this I'm glad I'm single. Boys are more trouble than they're worth.

No comments: