Sunday, May 20, 2007

The begining of the end starts tomorrow

I've never done this before. Blog, I mean. So why start now? I'm not sure I have an answer to that question except that now seemed like as good a time as any. You see, two years ago I started veterinary school. These two years were spent sitting in a classroom learning about everything from molecular biology to why horses can sleep standing up. Most of it seemed relatively useless. But now, as we begin our third year we are entering the clinics. The long awaited journey to the unknown abyss known as the Veterinary Medical Center. The VMC. Here we will be expected to act like doctors. Treat patients. Talk to clients. Interpret lab results. Sounds simple enough. Truth is, we're all terrified.

I hope to chronicle my journey through this sometimes romanticized and fabled portion of school. Tomorrow I officially begin. I will don the coveted white coat and try to trick everyone into thinking I know what I'm doing. This is when we find out if the past two years of torture sitting in the same classroom with the same people has paid off. Here's hoping.

The next two weeks I will be on the radiology rotation. Large machines, dark rooms, and a staff with a ridiculous sense of humor. This one should be interesting.

No comments: